There are lots of benefits for your child when they learn a musical instrument, including guitar. Playing the guitar can benefit your child from a variety of standpoint including: academics, intelligence and social interactions. These benefits also carry on into adulthood.
· Rhythm skills and pre-reading abilities are linked in the development of toddlers.
· A 2013 study published in The Journal of Neuroscience found that for children and adolescents, even very basic rhythm abilities, such as tapping to the beat, relate with reading skills.
· According to Dr. Nina Kraus’s work with the Harmony Projects, students who are in music are not only more likely to graduate high school, but also to attend college and university as well.
· According to a German Institute for Economic Research study, teens who take music lessons outside of school score significantly higher in terms of cognitive skills, have better grades and are more conscientious and ambitious than their peers.
· A 2014 Harris Poll found that music education lays the foundation for individual excellence in group settings, creative problem solving, and flexibility in work situations.
· Taking music lessons offer a space where kids learn how to accept and give constructive criticism, according to research published in The Wall Street Journal in 2014.
As a parent, it’s important to provide your child the right environment with other engaged children. This improves their social skills and have them enjoy their lessons. The more interaction and fun they have, the more likely they are to practise playing the guitar. Then they will enjoy playing for years and get tonnes of benefits that comes with playing the guitar! Click the button below to find out more about how we can help your child learn the guitar by applying for your free assessment lesson.
This will take you through to our contact form so we can find out how best we can help you and your child with regards to guitar lessons.
We are in Stratford, East London. Which is near Hackney, Leyton, Leytonstone, Bow, Mile End, Bethnal Green, Wanstead, Snaresbrook, Redbridge, Woodford.